We’re very much looking forward to our last trip to Chamonix for ski season 10/11. However, given how late Easter falls this year, and the fact that the weather is so mild, the snow ain’t great. According to the Chamonix Daily Dump Snow Report 31st March, there is no snow base below 2,000m and it was raining at Montenvers.
fortunately for us, we’re happy to take it easy on the skiing front, because we know we’ll be going back again. However we still want to make the most of our holiday and keep the kids amused. The hunch is it’ll be lessons in the morning then other things in the afternoon.
So here are a couple of things we might be doing again:
- The ice grotto at the top of the Montenvers Railway. The kids had great fun last year, and I understand there is even a geocache up there 🙂 La Grotte de Glace, so that would be a nice bonus find while we’re up there, particularly given how few finds its had.
- Swimming at the indoor pool of the Richard Bozon Sports Centre.
And here are somethings we haven’t tried yet that sound a good idea
- A drawing and painting lessons for beginners and improvers. A local artist Catherine Kartal, a renowned painter and art teacher who will bring out your hidden talents I gather. Apparently the lessons are either in the open air or in her studio, both of which seem to be in the centre of Chamonix.
- Photographic exhibition in the central library. Photos are from the South of India and may well make you think of warmer climbs. Entrance is free.
- And I’m also wondering if we might improve our French by listening to the story telling sessions in the libraries dotted around the valley. Some how the kids don’t seem to keen ……
And I suppose there are always some of the summer activities we found to do in the area when it was raining in the summer, such as the museum, mini golf or bowling.
The Compagnie du Mont Blanc have also been thinking about what else we might want to do is mud stops play. For every on-line purchase of a MONT BLANC Unlimited lift-pass from 3 days or more at the promotional price from 4th to 15th April 2011, ladies you can exclusively enjoy activities that have been specially selected for them at a highly preferential price. …. Link to their ladies week suggesting spas, culture, nature etc.