So the kids have been here for the last 8 years, each one has not greeted with great enthusiasm due to the usual teenage malaise, and us being horrible parents of course. This year is different though. We’re bringing a friend; a teenage friend…. So good is this that it’s prompted positive anticipation and almost (just almost) excitement. This is providing we follow the suggested itinerary and leave them at home to go shopping should we hit the high mountains..
I’m not sure how representative this list is of the average teenage girl, but it might be useful as inspiration for others coming to Chamonix for a few weeks. For me it is actually a nice reprise of the things they enjoyed when they were younger and haven’t grown out of yet (3 are from an ever popular blog I did 6 years ago!)
- Hurtling down the slides of the municipal pool on the edge of Lake Geneva at Thonon.
- Stand Up Paddle boarding on Lake Annecy.
- Taking the 3 person inflatable canoe to the lakes at Passy near Sallanches.
- Riding the slides at the Richard Bossons sports centre in the middle of town.
- Cycling up to the Les Chavants lake in Les Houches and stopping for an ice cream, both on the way up at the terrace next to the super market and at the cafe on the lake!
- Popping into the amusement park in town and doing the Luge de Ete.
- A day trip to Lake Geneva, again, this time to the Aqua Park, full of flumes and typical tourist things.
You may have spotted the water based theme, so we’re very much hoping for good weather.
I’ll let you know how we get on. Maybe we’ll be able to swap a swim session for rafting perhaps? We have a teenager with us who is rather unfamiliar with the great outdoors, so it could be fun 😉