We are on Chemin de la Larze, just off Route des Pelerins – A town centre location not to be confused with Argentiere, Vallorcine, Les Houches etc.
As Barrats A is less than a 10 minutes amble (which passes many restaurants and shops on the way) to the central market place, it’s not necessary to have a car to enjoy your stay in Chamonix. The main bus stop (Cham Sud) is about a 1 minute walk and train station about 10 minutes. You’ll be close to town without the noise of the revellers. Click here to understand more about getting to the slopes on the bus.
Parking is at a premium in town, but we have plenty of parking spaces available for guests next to the flat.
The apartment is easily found from the N506 Route de Blanche at the Grepon round about, following signs for the Hospital. A few doors away from L’Impossible.
Proximity of ski lifts from the front door:
- Aiguille du Midi for Vallee Blanch: 400m
- Brevent: 1.2Km
- Savoy 1.3km
- Plannards (Luge d’Ete, Parc de loisirs): 1.5km
- Les Houches: 7.8km
- Grand Montets, Argentiere: 9.5km
And if you are wondering which might be the best for family skiing here are our thoughts.
Proximity to general amenities:
- Boulangerie. Although Cham Sud has a Spar supermarket our favourite is on Promanade Marie Paradis, Le Fournil Chamoniard (the same name as the one on Aiguille du Midi) 300m away, just next to the river.
- Cham Sud shopping area: 300m
Proximity of public transport from the door:
- Chamonix SNCF train station is 700m from Barrats A, with smaller local stations closer.
- The main bus stop of Cham Sud is also just 100 metres from the flat. Being at the begining of the bus route its easier to get a seat at busy times.
- The free town shuttle buss Le Mulet, stops and picks up just outside our door at the Salle de la Convivialité stop
Although a car can be an asset in Chamonix, free buses operate linking the villages of Les Houches, Servoz, Chamonix and Vallorcine. (link)
Contact Jane for more details firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 (0)7976 555 108